For any Electrical work that has been completed by the “Homeowner” or ”Contractor” will have to be inspected by an ESA( Electrical Safety Authority) inspector prior to any connections from Orangeville Hydro Limited.
TO COMPLETE ANY HYDRO SERVICE UPGRADE OR PANEL CHANGE WHICH WILL RESULT IN THE TEMPORARY DISCONNECTION OF SERVICE. There will be a fee of $65 plus hst to the homeowner or contractor that is completing this work. Orangeville Hydro Limited will not re-energize the service until there has been an ESA (Electrical Safety Authority) inspection by the local inspector.
Orangeville Hydro will permanently remove the service to any of our existing customers at no charge. If you require removal of a service, please complete and submit the Service Removal Form.
The removal of the service is permanent. Therefore, all future servicing would be considered a new service and would be subject to all current regulations, inspections, and connection charges.
The Net Metering program is available to any Orangeville Hydro customer that generates electricity primarily for their own use from a renewable energy source.
Net metering allows you to send electricity generated from a renewable energy source to Orangeville Hydro’s distribution system for a credit towards your electricity costs. Excess generation credits can be carried forward for a consecutive 12 month period to offset future electricity costs.
Participation in the Net Metering Program is available to all Orangeville Hydro customers that meet all of the following conditions:
- The electricity is generated primarily for the customer’s own use;
- The electricity generated is conveyed to the customer’s own consumption point without reliance on the Orangeville Hydro’s distribution system;
- The electricity is solely generated from a renewable energy source (solar radiation).
If you would like to connect a Net Metering project to a CHEC LCD distribution system, please fill out the application form (the legacy microFIT Application Form). This from can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Orangeville Hydro, Attn: Engineering, 400 C Line, Orangeville, ON,L9W 3Z8.
- Provide Orangeville Hydro with a complete Application Package:
- Application Form
- Single Line Diagram
- Site Layout
- Manufacturer’s Technical Specifications for the Inverter(s) and Solar Panels
- For projects that are accepted, Orangeville Hydro will provide an Offer to Connect (<10kW) or an Offer to Complete a Connection Impact Assessment (>10kW) within 15 days of receiving a complete application package. The Offer will include the details regarding Orangeville Hydro’s costs associated with the project. Please note, existing Residential Customers that switch to Net Metering can expect Orangeville Hydro’s costs to be in the range of $350-$500.
Interested in knowing more about Net Metering? Please see the available resources below.