1. Is there a deadline to apply for Tiered Pricing?
- No, you can sign up for Tiered pricing at any point. However, Tiered pricing can only take effect at the start of your billing period. Applications submitted 10 business days before the end of the month can be applied to the current month. Applications submitted any time after the 10 business day cut off, will be applied to the following months bill period
By way of example:
- *Submitting an application on November 17, 2020 will ensure that the entire month of November is billed on Tiered Pricing
- *Submitting an application on November 18, 2020 will result in Tiered pricing starting December, 1, 2020
2. If I switch to Tiered pricing do I have to remain on this price plan for the rest of the year?
- No. Customers have the liberty to switch between TOU and Tiered pricing at their leisure
3. What is the difference between Time-Of-Use and Tiered Pricing
- Under Time-Of-Use, you pay a different rate for electricity depending on the time of day and day of the week you consume it. TOU has three periods: off-peak, mid-peak, and on-peak.
- Under Tiered, you can use a certain amount of electricity each month at a flat rate. Once that limit (called a threshold) is exceeded, a higher price applies.
4. How do I know if Tiered is the right choice for me?
- Your lifestyle will determine which electricity price plan, Tiered or Time-Of-Use, will work best for you. Use our online comparison tool to see a detailed break down of the two electricity price plans, and to make a switch!
Customers who prefer the Tiered plan:
- Are home during the week days
- Routinely use less than 1000/kWh in the winter and 600/kWh in the summer
Customers who prefer the TOU plan:
- Are away from the house during the day time hours
- Do not want to be restricted/monitor their usage