1. I’m moving out and need to cancel my service, what do I need to do?
When moving out of an area that we service, we will need you to fill out a move out form.
2. I’m moving into Orangeville/Grand Valley and need to set up service, what do I need to do?
When moving into an area that we service, we will need you to fill out a move in form.
3. I’m moving from one location, into another Orangeville/ Grand Valley location and need to transfer my services over, what do I need to do?
When moving within an area that we service, we will need you to fill out a move within form.
4. I’ve submitted the online form but I’m unsure if it was received, how can I tell?
Any form submitted online will come directly to us; if you do not receive the confirmation email please check your Junk mail. If you are still unsure and want to follow up we encourage you to give us a call five business days after submitting the form. 519-942-8000
5. When will I receive my first bill?
You can expect your first bill to arrive 6-8 weeks after you have moved into the home.
6. Are there deposits required for setting up service? How do I pay these deposits?
Deposits can be made with cash or cheque or by calling into the office with a credit card payment, after the application has been submitted.
The deposits for a residential account are as follows:
- Non-electric Heat $150
- Electric Heat $300
- Water $100
The deposit for the electricity may be waived by completing one of the following options:
- providing us with a satisfactory letter of reference from a previous recent utility
- providing us with a satisfactory recent credit score (a score of at least 622)
- signing up for pre-authorized payments
If the deposit is paid it will be credited back to the account after one year of good payment history. A customer is deemed to have a good payment history unless the customer has received more than one disconnection notice, more than one cheque given to Orangeville Hydro by the customer has been returned for insufficient funds, more than one pre-authorized payment to Orangeville Hydro has been returned for insufficient funds, a disconnect/collection trip has occurred or the distributor had to apply a security deposit and required the customer to repay the security deposit.
For more information on electricity, please refer to the Ontario Energy Board’s Distribution System Code
1. How can I tell which dates I was billed for?
On the second half of your bill under Account Number and Name is a chart, the chart states Read Dates the “Previous” is the start of the bill date, and the “Present” is the end of the bill date (i.e. Previous- 2020-12-01/Present-2021-01-01).
2. My bill didn’t come in the mail this month, what should I do?
Our bills are mailed out at the same time every month, therefore if you didn’t receive your bill this month you can call and inquire about your balance. We also offer an online version of your bill through our Customer Connect portal that gives you the option to receive e-bills if you prefer. If you recently purchased your home you can expect your first bill to arrive 6-8 weeks after your service start date.
3. I need to remove someone from my bill and my account/ I need to add someone to my bill and my account, how do I do this?
When adding or removing occupants from the bill/account we need the request in writing and for both parties to acknowledge and sign the request. It can be sent to the office via email or placed in the night deposit box. Email: [email protected] Night deposit box is located beside the front door in the office.
4. I have electricity charges and water/sewer charges on my bill, if I make a partial payment on my account where does my payment get applied to?
As per section 2.6.6 of the Distribution System Code ‘Where a bill issued to a residential customer includes charges for goods or services other than electricity charges, a distributor shall allocate any payment made by the customer first to the electricity charges and then, if funds are remaining, to the charges for the goods or services.’
If we didn’t answer all your questions, more information about billing and accounts can be found here: Residential Billing
1. I am experiencing a water emergency (water quality, low pressure, no water)
Please contact Public Works Division by calling 519-941-0440 ext. 4500 from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. For after hours, please call 519-941-0440 and follow the prompt for emergencies.
2. What does a water meter look like? Where can I find my water meter?
The water meter is circular with a white face, red dial, and rolling numbers.
Location: The water meter can be found in a basement or crawl space (it is located where the water pipe enters your home)
3. Where can I submit a Water Read?
If you are submitting a water read at the request of Orangeville Hydro, you can enter your water meter read here (SUBMITTING A WATER READ) or email [email protected] along with your name, address, and a picture of the water meter (if possible)
4. Why was my water bill estimated?
Water meters are read manually every month by a representative at Orangeville Hydro. Three devices are used to read water meters.
- A hand held remote that employees will use to read the meter.
- The water meter located outside of the property.
- The water meter located inside the home or business.
The employee will use a handheld device to connect to the outside meter, this will then populate digital numbers that represent cubic meters used.
Water reads can be estimated for a few reasons:
- There was an obstacle to accessing your water meter (locked gate, physical object in the way, unfamiliar dog)
- Partial read/broken meter readout (the meter on the outside of the property has become damaged and the handheld cannot connect to it)
- The read received was not accurate as the numbers do not correlate – in this instance Orangeville Hydro would contact you to provide a water read from inside the home.
5. Do you service my hot water tank?
No we do not service hot water tanks. The hot water tank providers name and number can be found on a sticker attached to the tank.
I need to know how much I spent last year on my hydro and/or water for tax purposes.
If you sign up for Customer Connect you can view/print your current and previous bills. You can also sign up for e-billing, view and track your electricity usage, see the Time-of-Use schedule and much more. All you need is a copy of one of your bills and you can sign up for Customer Connect
If you require all 12 bill copies to be printed or emailed, please note this is a charge of $16.95
1. How do I set up a customer account?
Customer Connect is our online tool that customers can use to access their billing (current and previous), payment history, electricity consumption, and sign up for e-billing. In this section you will find the steps on how to register for Customer Connect, as well as helpful and informative tips.
Creating a new Customer Connect Account
- Access Customer Connect
- Click “New user? Register for a new account”
- Customer Account Number (no zero in front)
- Create a username (no space)
- Confirm Email
- New Password (minimum 3 letters, 1 digit, 1 special character)
- Confirm Password
- Select a Security Question
- Meter Number (Electric Meter number located on your bill)
What you have access to
View your bill online (current and previous bills available): Click on Billing > View Bill > Choose Date
View Usage: Reports > Electric Consumption Report
View Balance History (all bills and payments made): Billing > Balance History
- The electric meter number letters “OV” must be entered as capital letters (Example: OV1234)
- No longer have Customer Connect access once account is final
How to Link Additional Account
- Click on the people icon (top right-hand corner) to add accounts. Click on Switch button to view accounts one at a time
Did not Receive Confirmation Email
- Check junk or spam folder, firewall may also cause problems with registering
- Creating a Customer Connect account does not automatically sign you up for e-billing. You must select this option. Once logged in Select Billing, E-billing and choose option
Change Email Address
- Log into your account and click on My Account Icon > Select > Update
- Program works best with Google Chrome
- Firewall settings may prevent from accessing
- Flash player must also be updated