Orangeville Hydro Limited welcomes applications from potential employees who come from all backgrounds and life experiences. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications received will be kept on file for a six month period but we encourage applicants to re-apply for any current job openings. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in our positions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Mail your resume to:
Orangeville Hydro Limited
400 C Line
We are Hiring
We are currently seeking a Working Foreman to join our team at Orangeville Hydro. The successful candidate will supervise, lead, and assist in construction, operation, and maintenance of the electrical distribution system which services our customers within the Town of Orangeville & the Town of Grand Valley.
Reports directly to the Lines Supervisor and will assist in providing direction to and control of the Line Department
PRIMARY ACTIVITIES AND REPRESENTATIVE MAJOR TASKS:
- Supervises and assists in coordinating the safety and efficient use of time with the line crews involved in the construction, maintenance, and repairs of all overhead and underground electrical systems.
- Establishes, promotes, and maintains harmony and effective working relationships among line department personnel, utility staff, management, customers, and general public.
- Maintain a good understanding and knowledge of line related procedures, system upgrades, and equipment changes to maintain all electrical systems effectively and safely.
- Must have a good knowledge of the safety laws listed below and must ensure that all members of the line department and others in the worksite understand and adhere to the applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- The Occupational health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects and Industrial Establishment
- IHSA’s Electrical Utilities Safety Rules and Procedures
- Ministry of Transportation Traffic Manual – Book 7
- Orangeville Hydro’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures Manual
- USF and ESA Distribution Standards
- Produce written job plan instructions, traffic plans, switching orders, work protection permits, supporting guarantees and ESA Standards
- Investigation of customer complaints
- Assume leadership role of line crew.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of the safety manuals, in-house and in the field.
- Make recommendations to the Lines Supervisor for improvements concerning operations, construction, and safety.
- Plan and schedule jobs and projects in conjunction with the Lines Supervisor, Manager of Engineering and Metering and/or Engineering Technician.
- Coordinate emergency repairs and power restoration of the distribution system.
- Supervise, train, and instruct other operations staff in all aspects of hydro distribution as applicable to the existing systems and equipment.
- Ensure tools, equipment, and cover-up sticks are maintained.
- Provide input and assist with the preparation of the capital and operations and maintenance budgets.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Technician, will cover in the absence of the Lines Supervisor or Manager of Engineering and Metering.
- Will approve time sheets in the absence of Lines Supervisor.
- Ensure that all necessary personal protective equipment i.e., safety boots, hard hat, reflective arc rated clothing, gloves, rubber gloves, hearing protection, etc., are used and are maintained in good condition.
- Will be required to perform additional duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Grade 12 education, 434A Powerline Technician Certificate of Qualification, D Licence with Z endorsement.
- Ability to operate bucket trucks, material handlers, radial boom derricks, forklifts, chipper, etc.
- Must attend and re-certify as required all relevant in-services training regarding occupational health and safety such as WHMIS, First Aid, CPR, Forklift, Utility Work Protection Code, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, maps, drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Thorough knowledge of the Occupation Hazards and Safety Standards and Practices applicable to the work being supervised.
- Extensive knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in electrical distribution, construction, inspection, operations, testing and maintenance.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to supervise, train, and instruct other operations staff in all aspects of hydro distribution.
- Good organizational, record-keeping, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to perform required duties safely and effectively.
- Additional duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION/DIRECTION REQUIRED AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Reports directly to the Lines Supervisor.
- Work is not closely supervised, and amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment.
- Normal hours of work are 40 hours per week with rotating on-call responsibility, as well as emergency responses.
- Must reside within 35 minutes of our Orangeville office.
- Rate of pay as per Schedule “A” of Collective Agreement.
The Successful candidate will:
- Be a self-starter who knows when to take the lead while using a collaborative approach to decision making.
- Be a creative thinker with strong planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is self-motivated, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Will embrace a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
Orangeville Hydro Ltd. offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume by 4:00 pm Friday March 8,2024
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.