Please complete only one electricity application for your registered small business or registered charity. You cannot receive COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) funding for multiple storefronts or locations, and you can only receive CEAP-SB funding from your electricity provider once. If you have natural gas service, you may also be able to apply separately for natural gas CEAP-SB support through your natural gas utility.
After you have provided your information, please sign this form and provide your consent by: (a) if submitting electronically, typing your name(s) in Section 4; or (b) if submitting by mail, you may print the completed form and sign Section 4 by hand. Please ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
Once completed, the form can be emailed or printed and mailed to your utility. Your utility may offer other ways to submit your application, including in some cases by phone. Please refer to your utility’s website or contact them for more details.CEAP-SB funding is limited and applying does not guarantee that your utility has CEAP-SB funding remaining. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. For information on residential CEAP and lower-income energy support programs available, please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website.
You are eligible for this program if you meet all of the following criteria:
- As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has an active account with an electricity distributor or a unit sub-meter provider. You will be required to provide your registered business number or registered charity number.
- Your small business or registered charity is using less than 150,000 kWh of electricity annually if the account is with a unit sub-meter provider.
- Your small business or registered charity is classified as a general service < 50 kW customer if the account is with an electricity distributor.
- Your small business or registered charity did not have any overdue amounts on its electricity bill on March 17, 2020, the date of the Provincial Declaration of Emergency.
- As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has any overdue amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
- Your small business or registered charity was required to close* its premises to members of the public for regular operations for at least fifteen days as a result of a government order or an inability to adapt your business or charity to comply with public health recommendations.
* “close” means that the small business or registered charity was unable to maintain regular operations as a result of government order or health recommendations that required them to either fully close operations, limit access to their premises or limit the services provided or available to the public.
You may be eligible for an enhanced credit if your small business or registered charity’s main heating source is electricity.
If you are not eligible for CEAP-SB, your place of residence may still be eligible for residential CEAP or lower-income energy support programs. Please contact your utility for information on entering into a payment agreement. You may also visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information.
Section 1: Notice and Consent
When submitting this completed form to your utility, please do not provide any personal information. The term “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990 c. F.31. Please note that information requested in this form is business identity information (i.e. name, title, and business contact information), not personal information.
Should any personal information be provided within this form, this personal information will be collected by your utility in accordance with applicable privacy legislation such as the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the licence granted to it by the Ontario Energy Board under the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998.
Your business information is being collected for the purpose of administering CEAP-SB, including but not limited to, determining your eligibility for CEAP-SB.
In addition, your utility may use information already collected from you for the purposes of administering your utility account (e.g., any data respecting billing, bill payments), for the purposes of evaluating your eligibility for CEAP-SB and administering CEAP-SB.
The funding for CEAP-SB is provided by the Government of Ontario. Given that, in order to verify and determine whether you were eligible for CEAP-SB and/or to otherwise administer CEAP-SB, it may be necessary for your utility to share your information with the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. If the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines requests any of the information, including personal information contained in this form in order to verify your eligibility for CEAP-SB or for audit purposes related to the administration of CEAP-SB, your utility will supply it to them. The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines may contact you for further information as part of their audit. You are encouraged to retain any documentation that demonstrates you meet the eligibility for CEAP-SB.
By completing and submitting this application form, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information, including personal information as described above.
Contact information for the person who can answer questions about the collection of the information in this form is available on your utility’s web site.
Please e-mail or mail this form to your small business or registered charity’s utility. The e-mail and mailing address are available on the utility’s website. Your utility may offer other ways to submit your application, including in some cases by phone. Please refer to your utility’s website or contact them for more details.
Your utility will review this application and notify you whether your small business or registered charity is eligible for CEAP-SB. If approved, a one-time credit amount will appear on the customer’s next bill or the following one, depending on where the customer is in the billing cycle.